- Talk to your health care provider about a prevention plan.
- Lose weight. Even losing 10 pounds can lower your risk.
- Move more each day. Be physically active for 30 minutes, five days a week. You can walk, dance, work out, just move!
- Reduce portion sizes. You can reduce your calories by eating smaller portions. You don’t have to cut out the foods you love to eat. Just cut downon your portion size and eat it less often.
- Eat healthy and drink water – add more fruits and vegetables to your diet and drink more water.
- Frequent urination
- Being thirsty
- Feeling hungry a lot (especially after eating)
- Being tired all of the time
- Unusual weight gain or loss
- Blurred vision
- Dry mouth
- Slow-healing sores or cuts
- Bleeding and sore gums
- Don’t hide the fact that you have diabetes from your friends and family.
- Set a goal to control your blood sugar. Take your medicine as recommended by your doctor.
- If your doctor suggests that you need insulin, don’t be afraid of taking insulin. It may help you keep your eyesight, avoid kidney dialysis and amputations of your limbs.
- See your doctor regularly.
- Set goals to achieve the best diabetes control:
Growing Number of High-Skilled Immigrants Favor Pittsburgh and Other Emerging Rust Belt Cities Over Silicon Valley, Brookings Study Reports
Growing Number of High-Skilled Immigrants Favor Pittsburgh and...
Aspinwall is a borough on the Allegheny River in...
Radio Inc. Goes One on One with Bev Smith About Her Show Going Off the Air Sooner Than Expected
Radio Inc. Goes One on One with Bev Smith About Her Show Going Off the Air...
Turnovers kill bid for 7th title -PACKERS 31, STEELERS 25
Turnovers kill bid for 7th title - PACKERS 31, STEELERS 25...
Source: Joan Rivers had surprise throat biopsy that led to her death More...
Source says Rice video was sent to NFL More...
Texas executes man who killed ex-wife, her brother More...
Gentleman Jim Clyburn Congressman James Clyburn The “Blessed Experiences”... More...
Neither Captain Johnsons nor Chiefs of Diversity Can Substitute for the... More...
Hurricane Sandy Volunteer Opportunities More...